EN

Default Boiler servicing again - but this time oil

I've become very concerned by the discussion below about servicing gas
boilers and landlords. Can anyone advise about oil boilers and how often
they should be serviced? By whom? And landlords responsibilities? I can
only seem to find out about gas appliances, the rules don't mention oil.
Presumably because they're not dangerous? Or some other reason?

My house is rented and the boiler was serviced three and a half years ago.
when he arranged it the landlord said it was my responsibility thereafter.
I need to get this done now I expect. Beside the boiler what other aspects
of heating should be checked out? Pump? timer? Thermostat? Or would that
all be part of a general service.

Any thoughts gratefully received. thanks
Liz