Victoria Clare

Default Strength of cornish bank

Jerry Built ] wrote in
news:OPPYB5EIOKJRJSLULQCEFSKNFWLZHXKPNSKECMPU@zipl ip.com:

Well moy lovrrr, stop talking about a "Cornish bank", you mean
a Cornish hedge. Are you in North Cornwall, West, or what?

Tamar Valley

I don't know about the Cornish, but in Devon where I come from :-), I think
people would understand that when I say 'bank' I mean specifically the bit
of the construction made of earth underneath, rather than the entire
edifice, hedge & all.

I do intend to retain the hedge part of things (mostly hazel) even though
it is a bit of a pain to lay.

Your
best bet is to get in touch with a local who's been involved
in road maintenance/general building for a good while.

Yes - but what is a good way of finding someone who knows what they are
doing?

I suppose I could knock someone else's wall down and then lie in wait till
someone comes to fix it, but I feel there must be a better way ;-).

There is a similar construction elsewhere in the village, but I'm kind of
reluctant to ask the owners.

I happened to be going past the other day when they realised it was built
about 2 feet too narrow to get both their cars onto it and open the doors.
;-)

Victoria