T i m

Funny,

I was actually going to ask a (OT) question on the same subject.

Would someone care to explain to me what all the fuss is about re the
Olympics (wherever it's held?).

*My* view is its a load of hype over nothing .. like the announcement
re the winning City .. why did that have to be turned into a TV game
show? (But I feel the same re football / rugby etc etc).

And what is it actually about .. folk running / jumping rowing
whatever faster longer further than anyone else? (I'm not into 'sport'
you can tell .. I do walk, cycle, row and sail for fun though).

So, what's it going to do for me .. well living 5 miles away from
part of the projected developement area just MORE congestion and loss
of public park?

"We can't build there it's public park / green-belt!"
"It's for the Olympics, we can do what we like ..."

And look at all the excitement from the kids .. the chance of working
hard for 7 years to compete in .. em .. London .. (for 2 weeks!) ;-(

Oh well, as long as it keeps them off the streets / drugs etc ...

All the best ..

T i m