Simon Avery

Default WTB: translucent corrugated plastic for car-port roof

(Mungo Henning) wrote:

Hello Mungo

Every third or fourth sheet or so. It's hard to make these
things look nice however you work it, but light level
isn't going to be a major issue if the sides are open.
Also, if you do go for full plastic, how are you going to
maintain the side of the house? Even with crawling boards
it's very dodgy.

MH| Emmm... it won't be *that* close. The house has a leylandii

Ah, gotya. Sorry, didn't read properly.

Oh, and *do* stick to the "standard" sizes and waves,
whatever you go for. Beware end of line and non-standard
stuff since when you do need a replacement you won't be
able to get one.

MH| Good point. With Geoff's reply I'm considering twinwall
MH| instead.

Better, definately. If those hedges are above the level, I suspect you
may have an algae problem on whatever transparent stuff you use - but
easily sorted once a year with a long brush and a hose.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: