chris French

In message , Anna Kettle
writes

The government is giving grants for insulating old houses so I booked
a survey to get a price with grant included and to pick the brains of
the surveyor

Who deals with these grants? We have very poor insulation in our loft,
which will need sorting out before the autumn.

The good news is that material and labour for installing ten inches of
insulation in my attic, plus cavity wall insulation in the 1976
extension will cost me just £225 (three bedroom house)

Not bad at all. I really don't fancy putting this stuff in myself in our
large loft, and I've also come to the conclusion that more 'eco-friendly
' products are just to expensive for us.
--
Chris French