raden

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
Andy Dingley wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:21:11 GMT, Rick wrote:

Einstien would use the phone book to find his own phone number.

Reputedly he was once stopped by the police and asked what the
number of
the car he was driving was. His response (paraphrased), "I don't know
officer, but if you look at the end of the car I believe they put a
little plate there with it written on it".
Of course he's been banged up in Guantanamo ever since...

I once attended a talk given by the bloke wot wrote the 'Inspector
Morse' books. Colin Davis? He was asked if his books were 'true to
life' and he recounted tale of a car that had crashed through a front
hedge into a garden, reversed and driven off..

The police, when called, were uninterestd 'aren't you going to measure
tyre tracks or look at the crime scene?' he asked...'Nah. Useless' they
said...'Oh, you mean the fact that his front bumper and number plate
are lying under that bush is of no use to you?....'

Reminds me of a friend years ago who demolished someone's wall when he
took a corner too fast (prolly ****ed) - It popped the windscreen out
intact, with the tax disk on it

Police were round his house the next day

--
geoff