Adrian Brentnall

Default Bosch Dishwasher problems !

Hi All

Any dishwasher experts out there - our 3-year-old Bosh is playing
silly beggars - and I'm not making any progress in fixing it.....

Background - it's a Bosch Exxcel, runs from our well-water supply via
a storage tank in the roof. The water tested slightly high in nirtates
- but not sure of the harndess of the water.

Machine worked fine for nealy 3 years. Then, quite suddenly, one day
it produced a milky-white deposit on washed items - particularly on
glasses. It still seems to clean the items OK - but just leaves this
irritating 'film' on the glasses.

We used to use the 3-in-one Tesco tablets - which worked fine until
the problem. In an attempt to improve things we're now using separate
salt, rinse aid and powder detergent.

Yesterday, in desperation, I used a teaspoon of the cleaning powder
that I use in winemaking (as well as the normal dishwasher detergent)
- and that produced beautifully clean glasses. Today tried the usual
detergent on its own - and we're back to milky glasses again.
(FWIW the brewing cleanser contains 5% non-ionic surfactants, 6.5%
chlorine-based bleaching agent and 20% phosphates ).

I've found out how to adjust the water softener - and currently have
it set to maximum (7) - and rinse aid also set to maximum. We normally
wash on the 'auto' setting.

I've checked & cleaned the filters inside the machine - all seems OK,
and the machine is emptying OK.

What I can't understand is why it used to work fine - just with the
3-in-one tablets - but now it's very much 'hit & miss' as to whether
it leaves the glasses clean or not.... The white film can be wiped off
with a dishcloth - but that's not the point

The manual as supplied with the dishwasher is worse than useless, and
downright misleading in some parts..... and I'm not sufficiently
experienced in dishwashers to know if I'm looking at a component fault
/ blockage etc - or it it's down to 'user error'....

There seems to be so many variables (water softner setting, rinse aid
setting, detergent quantity & type, program setting) - and I'm getting
confused / making no progress...

Surely it's not worn out after only 3 years .....??
Heavy hints are being dropped along the lines of 'If it's not doing
the job properly then it should be repaced' (think she means the
dishwasher....!)

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved !

Thanks in advance
Adrian
Suffolk UK

======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply