Michael Chare

"Dave" wrote in message
In the next few days I'm going to be joining some worktops.
I've got a decent router and bicuit jointer so plan to reinforce the
joint with biscuits; edges will be rough cut from the back with a
circular saw and then trimmed smooth with the router. I plan to hire (or
buy?) a worktop mitre jig - any advice to improve the chances of success?

Dave

I hired a trend Jig for kitchen worktop (with router) You need the guide for the
router that makes it follow the slot in the Jig.

The Jig let me cut T slots for clamps to hold the two halves together.

I used the Trend coloured glue/sealant.

Also:
Ear defenders for the router, and tolerant neighbours if working outside!

I read the Jig instructions on:

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/homepage/

--

Michael Chare