T i m

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:51:28 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Aside from being fairly bright in general, often dyslexics will have
skewed abilities. So while their lexical abilities may be low (often two
of the three of reading, writing, spelling suffering badly), they will
have unnaturally strong abilities in other areas (problem solving,
visual-spatial awareness, three dimensional or pictorial thinking).
Oddly they will also often have very strong spoken language skills.

Hmm, without trying to sound like I am blowing my own trumpet that
does seem to fit?

I have been an electronics / electromechanical / chemical / comms /
LAN / WAN / PC support engineer for most of my working life (problem
solving)?

I have a good sense of direction (rarely get lost in buildings) have
competitivly raced RC boats / cars (still do) and can 'picture' things
before I put pen to paper (and the finished result is more often than
not exactly what I had in my head)? You have to have eyes everywhere
to ride a cycle / motorbike these days?

6 years IT training (MCT, CNI, A+CT) .. I didn't get too many
complaints .. but then I used pictures rather than words on the white
board! (spoken word)? ;-)

Maybe there *is* a sort of 'balance' with this then John?

All the best and thanks for the feedback ;-)

T i m