John Rumm

T i m wrote:

Good luck with the dyslexia

Thanks .. although I'm not sure I have it ...?

The currently accepted stats (BDA et al) would suggest 1 in 10 people
mildly affected, and 1 in 30 with serious problems.

Example .. if I'm busy typing away then look up I often see something
completely different to what was going on in my head at the time?
Completely missed words, words where all the letters are substituted
for a ones near but not right (but know how to spell)? Sometimes I try
to write something down, something important maybe but actually get a
bit of it wrong?

Sometimes I have misdialled the same number I'm reading from a bit of
paper 3 or 4 times?

Am I dyslexic /// disslex// (you know) ;-)

Possibly - what you describe would not be inconsistent with some types
(there are different types).

Aside from being fairly bright in general, often dyslexics will have
skewed abilities. So while their lexical abilities may be low (often two
of the three of reading, writing, spelling suffering badly), they will
have unnaturally strong abilities in other areas (problem solving,
visual-spatial awareness, three dimensional or pictorial thinking).
Oddly they will also often have very strong spoken language skills.

--
Cheers,

John.