Owain

James H wrote:
I'm not having cupboards either side. From my days in a shared house,
having to clear the grease off the units either side of the hood wasn't
pleasant and put me off having anything near the hood. That said, in those
days I would often enter the kitchen to find the fog of a full fry-up in
progress with the hood turned off. Nice.

If you're using an electric hob, take the fan supply off the load
terminals of the cooker control unit, via an unswitched FCU. That way
the fan will be on whenever the cooker is on.

Owain