Pete C

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:14:04 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Still wrestling with the problem of my leaking shower, and an inability
to access the relevant areas without demolishing half the bathroom... my
thoughts turned to the possibility of drilling a few small holes in
appropriate areas (eg inside cavity walls/stud partitions/under floor
boards/through joists) and poking an endoscope down them to have a
looksee at what's going on.

I see that HSS do one for hire, but at a daily rate of 40 quid plus VAT
- wow!

So I was wondering, maybe it would be possible to make one up relatively
easily... what do you think / has anyone tried it? I'm thinking, a
length of 15mm copper pipe, an LED light and a mirror or prism at the
tip, and I suppose a lens at the eye-end... hmm, maybe not so easy after
all. Any thoughts from anyone who knows more about this stuff than me?
Wouldn't mind if it cost a bit, as I would get to keep it for longer
than 1 day, unlike going down the HSS route.

Hi,

Have you tried taping off the entire plug hole and showering to
determine if the leak is in/around the waste pipe?

Also have you tried taping off the seal between tray and tiles/wall
and the corners of the cubicle to determine if the leak is there?

cheers,
Pete.