raden

In message , Lobster
writes
Still wrestling with the problem of my leaking shower, and an inability
to access the relevant areas without demolishing half the bathroom... my
thoughts turned to the possibility of drilling a few small holes in
appropriate areas (eg inside cavity walls/stud partitions/under floor
boards/through joists) and poking an endoscope down them to have a
looksee at what's going on.

I see that HSS do one for hire, but at a daily rate of 40 quid plus VAT
- wow!

So I was wondering, maybe it would be possible to make one up
relatively easily... what do you think / has anyone tried it? I'm
thinking, a length of 15mm copper pipe, an LED light and a mirror or
prism at the tip, and I suppose a lens at the eye-end... hmm, maybe not
so easy after all. Any thoughts from anyone who knows more about this
stuff than me? Wouldn't mind if it cost a bit, as I would get to keep
it for longer than 1 day, unlike going down the HSS route.

As I said before,

I used a Maplins camera (about 30 quid) attached to a TV illuminated by
a car headlight

You'll need about an inch diameter hole

You're probably best attaching the camera to a coat hanger
--
geoff