andrewpreece

"heinzy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

In order to Drain my CH system so that that i can move a rad to a
different position, Can someone confirm that I DONT have to turn the
main water supply off via the stopcock.

Im of the understanding , that I only need to make sure that the combi
boiler is powered off, and then i can connect a hose to a drain plug on
the bottom of the rad

Many thanks

You don't have to turn of the mains water. It is not connected to the
central
heating side of the combi. Usually there is a drain valve somewhere
in the CH system, near the lowest point. I'm not sure you need to drain the
entire sstem though. If the radiator has a TRV at one end and a lockshield
valve at the other, I believe that if you shut both off then you can unscrew
the
nuts connecting the radiator to the pipes, and all that will leak out is the
water
already in the radiator. I've never tried this though!

Andy.