The Natural Philosopher

Andy Dingley wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:36:49 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

I talked to the service engineer - he says reliablility is hugely
improvced with motor and gearbox life typically being 20 years plus

Except in your sample of one, where sloppy production control caused it
to fail in 3 years.

Why don't youy read what I said? Motor and gearbox life. The pulley is
not the gearbox and it probably was my fault for not double checking it
was tight when I installed it.

The point being the gearbox with the gears - as opposed to the final
belt drive - now runs perfectly dry as does the motor.