Cliff Hartle

As standard 30" tall wall cabinet can be set on a 4 1/2" tall base and it
should be the same height as a standard base cabinet.

This will give you a 12" deep base cabinet.

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a u-shape kitchen. It has VERY little counter top space because
the center leg of the U is broken up by a door into the backyard. The
fourth wall is entirely blank, and I'd like to add some counter-top
space along it. I can't put a standard 24" deep base cabinet along the
wall because it would stick out further than the lip of the door jam of
the entry into the dining room (any of that make sense?). Are there
shallower base cabinets one can order? How shallow do they go?
Could a cabinet builder make a custom cabinet of, say, 16" deep. This
fourth wall is about 6 feet wide. It is a load bearing wall, but I
could consider moving it back into the front living room behind it if I
had to go with a more expensive option.