Mike

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .

It's not a bad idea to tie them together occasionally too.
A number of Wilson Connolly new home owners have discovered
what happens when this isn't done...

what sort of brickie doesn't use ties ?

A brickie doesn't use ties if the builder will only employ
him if he actually lays the bricks without arguing and the
builder doesn't supply enough ties.

Hmm. My dad was a brickie until his back gave way and I think he would have
raised merry-hell and walked off the site if necessary. I would have
thought the shortage of good brickies nowadays would have allowed the same
to happen.

There was a builder on
You and Yours (radio 4) some months back, and he said that
houses being built in the UK at the moment are built to the
lowest quality he's ever seen during his whole career in the
building trade.

That I can unfortunately believe.