Lurch

Default RIP DIY - longish rant

On 22 May 2004 15:11:01 -0700, (N. Thornton) strung together
this:

To be honest I think a reality check is needed here.

Snip good points by NT

Quite true. It's like I've said before, as have others here, for some reason
someone in an office, in a suit, who's never done a days manual labour in his
life, has decided that if you are a member of a trade body you are good at what
you do. If you are not, then you are incompetent.
I personally have found it to be a completely random affair where I've come
across plenty of people in the NICEIC who are downright clueless and dangerous,
and I've also come across plenty of people who aren't members of any trade
bodies and are extremely competent at what they do.
The problem is that ideally a case by case, or person by person, competence
check is needed, but there simply isn't the time or manpower, so a wider blanket
ruling is placed and covered with red tape so no-one has a clue what's going on.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd