John

"Colin" wrote in message
Hi, - more problems!

The main drain pipe from our house seems to have broken in 4 places in the
field adjacent our house. Some large vehicle must have driven over it at
some stage.

If I was to replace this section of pipe, is there any regulation as to
how deep it should be buried? I guess to maintain the drop this will
involve building up the ground around it.

The pipe is 9 inch internal diameter, made of clay(?) and goes into a
mains sewer.

You may have to keep the pipe at the same depth and fall as at present to
maintain its operation unless you have a dispensation from the laws of
gravityg

It sounds a bloody big pipe - is it shared between a number of properties or
have you a specific need for that size? In any case it may need protection
from heavy loads by other means if the depth is fixed. Concrete makes a good
protector as long as it is strong enough