tony sayer

In article , Hugo Nebula
abuse@localhost.? writes
On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 07:13:51 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named
"Colin" randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

"Mike" wrote in message

"Colin" wrote in message

The main drain pipe from our house seems to have broken in 4 places in
the
field adjacent our house. Some large vehicle must have driven over it at
some stage.

If I was to replace this section of pipe, is there any regulation as to
how
deep it should be buried?

There is if you were replacing the whole lot but as a repair you can
replace
like for like.

Replacing like-for-like sounds like a good idea.

Any idea what guideline depth I ought to be aiming for?

The same depth as the bits of pipe you're replacing.

You say it's a 225mm (9") pipe from _your_ house? Does this just
serve your house, because 225mm seems very large. A single house
would normally only need a 100mm diameter pipe; most housing estates
don't need anything larger than 150mm.

Don't suppose they would, unless the network traffic was too large at
any time for the "pip". Now I suppose someone does some calc's of an
outbreak of the colly wobbles and the probability of system
overload....

--
Tony Sayer