Mary Fisher

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
Just fitted a concealed door closer to my newly-created internal kitchen.
Used Screwfix quote 12108, and fitting was very easy.

Problem is: it makes a hell of a noise when door closes/opens. The door
is

30 min fire door (pretty heavy one).

Tried to re-adjust height (noticed that it was 1 milimiter out of
line -
now perfectly aligned), but it didn't make any difference. Also tried

WD40.

Any idea what can cure this?

You might first think this is a joke, but it isn't. Smear the whole thing
in vegetable oil. All the bits that move and the bits which sit against
the
bits that move. Yes. I'm serious.

When we fitted one it wasn't the noise of the gear which was a problem but
the noise of the door shutting - the thing was too powerful. It had to come
off and I put up with having to shut the door myself.

Ah well, I neded the exercise :-)

Mary