Barry Lennox

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 22:59:49 -0500, "Todd Fatheree"
wrote:

"CW" wrote in message
link.net...

"Barry Lennox" wrote in message
I wonder if there's any chance of religions being held accountable for
they evil they can do?

Like Christianity?

That's just about the stupidest thing I've read in a while. Neither Islam
nor Christianity is killing people today. However, some evil assholes
operating under the guise of religion have followers who they've convinced
to do some bad stuff. I'll lay odds that if there was no such thing as
religion, the evil assholes would just find another way to sell their ideas.

However, if someone claiming to be a Christian blew up a bus, every
prominent Christian minister would denounce it. Can you say the same for
Islam?

Of course not, they hide behind the Koran, that's why some of them
should be held accountable.

That raises a rather interesting point that has never been answered.
When they declared that Salmon Rushdie was to be put to death and some
clerics in the UK called for somebody to carry it out, not one of them
was charged with encouraging a person to commit an offence, (That is
an offence under the Crimes Act, and I'll bet there is similar
legislation in most countries).