Ian Stirling

Andy Whitfield wrote:
Hi
I'm going to get a new front door. I need it to be a good secure one but also I have a limited budget.

A steel front door and frame costs the earth. I've been quoted ?2000+ which is too much.

snip
A solid wooden door is probably stronger than a PVC door but I've been told wooden doors can't have a 3 point locking system.
And wooden doors are vulnerable around the lock(s) and the wooden frames also tend to splinter under force.

Any comments or advice very much appreciated!

You could always take the half-way-house between steel and wood - ironwood