Set Square

Andy Whitfield wrote:

My concern about wooden doors and frames, is they are weak around the
lock because of the wood removed to fit the lock.

You've said that several times - but I don't think it's particularly true. A
1/2" slot for a mortice lock inside a 1 3/4" hardwood door still leaves
plenty of meat either side.

I am assuming here wooden doors are hung in to wooden frames but
maybe I can have a steel frame?
Andy

Possibly - but are you trying to create Fort Knox? Obviously you want to
take reasonable steps to make it secure - but at the end of the day, if any
self-respecting villain is sufficiently determined to get it, he will do so
whatever sort of door you've got!
--
Cheers,
Set Square