Andy Whitfield

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message ...

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've never tried it, but I'm told uPVC doors and windows are easy to
get through with the help of a blow lamp. Plastic melts. Of course
the burglar may suffer from dioxin poisoning. :-)

Clearly, any house is only as secure as its glass. A brick through a window
and you're in (unless you have bars across every window of course). Wooden
doors can be attacked with an axe - or a simple ram like the police use to
gain entrance to properties. Steel doors in a steel frame are probably the
toughest option available but, as has been pointed out - very expensive and
not very pretty!
Kev

I live on the top floor, so any burglar would need a 3 story ladder to reach my windows plus overlooked front and back by
neighbours. Though whether neighbours would pay any attention to someone climbing in and out of my windows is another
matter!
Andy