Andy Whitfield

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message ...

"Andy Whitfield" wrote in
message ...
"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message

When I had a
uPVC front door installed at my Mother in law's just over a year ago I
specified that it should only be openable from the outside with the key,
even if the door was 'unlocked'. I'm quite satisfied that the door is
very
secure.
Kev

Surely all front doors are key operated only from outside??

Nope - it's up to you to specify how you want it to operate. My porch door
can be opened from the outside with the handle when the door is unlocked
although the actual house door cannot of course. I have two sets of friends,
however, who had new UPVC front doors and were never asked how they wanted
them configured. As a result, unless the physically lock the door from the
inside, anyone can just turn the outside handle and walk in !

Kev

I'll definitely add that to be list of requirements!
Thanks
Andy