Uno Hoo!

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've never tried it, but I'm told uPVC doors and windows are easy to
get through with the help of a blow lamp. Plastic melts. Of course
the burglar may suffer from dioxin poisoning. :-)

Clearly, any house is only as secure as its glass. A brick through a window
and you're in (unless you have bars across every window of course). Wooden
doors can be attacked with an axe - or a simple ram like the police use to
gain entrance to properties. Steel doors in a steel frame are probably the
toughest option available but, as has been pointed out - very expensive and
not very pretty!

Kev