s--p--o--n--i--x

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:11:50 +0100, "Andy Whitfield"
wrote:

A PVC door and frame vary a lot in price but also in security. They typically have a 3 point locking system (which is a good
thing) but I'm not sure just how strong a 'plastic' front door is? Anyone ever had a break-in via a PVC front door?

A good kick with a steel toecap boot will go straight through a uPVC
door.

A solid wooden door is probably stronger than a PVC door but I've been told wooden doors can't have a 3 point locking system.
And wooden doors are vulnerable around the lock(s) and the wooden frames also tend to splinter under force.

3 point locks *are* available for wooden doors. The door will need a
channel routed down the lock side to fit, however.

sonix