Andy Whitfield

"Set Square" wrote in message ...
Andy Whitfield wrote:

Hi
I'm going to get a new front door. I need it to be a good secure one
but also I have a limited budget.

A steel front door and frame costs the earth. I've been quoted
£2000+ which is too much.

A PVC door and frame vary a lot in price but also in security. They
typically have a 3 point locking system (which is a good thing) but
I'm not sure just how strong a 'plastic' front door is? Anyone ever
had a break-in via a PVC front door?

A solid wooden door is probably stronger than a PVC door but I've
been told wooden doors can't have a 3 point locking system. And
wooden doors are vulnerable around the lock(s) and the wooden frames
also tend to splinter under force.

Any comments or advice very much appreciated!

Regards
Andy

Have you considered an aluminium door? A powder-coated thermal-break
aluminium door looks good, and is strong and secure. Obviously, it's dearer
than uPVC - but hopefully not two grand's worth.
Cheers,
Set Square

Are the aluminium doors just an aluminium subframe with uPVC panels or they solid aluminium?
I forgot to mention the door must have a wood grain finish to match other doors in the stairwell. Do you know if the
aluminium comes with a wood grain finish?
Thanks
Andy