Wild Bill

Cutting sheetmetal with any type of saw is a little more complicated than
cutting thick stock.

For sheetmetal on a bandsaw, jig or scroll saw, you'll most likely achieve
better results and less blade damage if the sheetmetal is backed-up with a
dense material similar to hardboard or masonite. Gluing the metal to the
backer works well.

The steel sheet you have may not cut very well with tinsnips for your
purpose, because there will be some distortion at the cut, then the sheet
won't be completely flat.

WB

"John Doe" wrote in message
I have a "professional weight steal" premium nonstick cookie sheet
that I might like to cut. My band saw has a metal cutting blade
installed.

I'm not concerned about handling the cookie sheet while cutting. In
case anyone happens to know, I'm wondering if the Teflon might
chip/peel/whatever, and whether the steel should cut easily enough.

I have a good rotary tool as an alternative cutting tool.

I do not want to test cutting the thing. If cutting might be a
problem, I probably will just buy a more appropriate size cookie
sheet for my application (optical mouse pad).

Thank you.