Andy Pandy

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:11:50 +0100, "Andy Whitfield"
wrote:

Hi
I'm going to get a new front door. I need it to be a good secure one but also I have a limited budget.

A steel front door and frame costs the earth. I've been quoted £2000+ which is too much.

A PVC door and frame vary a lot in price but also in security. They typically have a 3 point locking system (which is a good
thing) but I'm not sure just how strong a 'plastic' front door is? Anyone ever had a break-in via a PVC front door?

A solid wooden door is probably stronger than a PVC door but I've been told wooden doors can't have a 3 point locking system.
And wooden doors are vulnerable around the lock(s) and the wooden frames also tend to splinter under force.

Any comments or advice very much appreciated!

Regards
Andy

I had a hardwood door with three point locking ( similar to a PVC door
) except the pins retract into a metal box top and bottom which is
housed in a mortice, so they are, or were, available.

Andy