Doctor Evil

"Andy Whitfield" wrote in
message ...
Hi
I'm going to get a new front door. I need it to be a good secure one but

also I have a limited budget.

A steel front door and frame costs the earth. I've been quoted £2000+

which is too much.

A PVC door and frame vary a lot in price but also in security. They

typically have a 3 point locking system (which is a good
thing) but I'm not sure just how strong a 'plastic' front door is?

Anyone ever had a break-in via a PVC front door?

A solid wooden door is probably stronger than a PVC door but I've been

told wooden doors can't have a 3 point locking system.
And wooden doors are vulnerable around the lock(s) and the wooden frames

also tend to splinter under force.

Any comments or advice very much appreciated!

Regards
Andy

The Swedes make highly insulated front doors. Well with getting.