Jeff

Concur with others on furnace/AC. In my basement I used a drop ceiling and
butted it against the sides of the AC/furnace ducts. I painted the ducts a
light brown. I think this is no worse than framing them in or having a real
low ceiling all over. It certainly is easier to do.

"SilverUnicorn" wrote in message
Hi gang!

We are in the process of finishing our basement. While I have studded
and primes all outside walls, I am at a loss as to what to do around the
HVAC unit. Any ideas? It would be difficult to frame around, since it
butts up to a steel support girder, and not wood that I could attach
framing to. Here is a (albeit poor) picture.

Just wondering how we would be able to hide this when the basement is
finished.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or ideas. This has turned into quite
a project!

Chris