Jim Yanik

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in news:j2c2q2-
:

Imagine the 300 billion (probably end up close to 600 billion) used for
alternative energy research instead of spending it on the war,
Halliburton, etc. Had we spent the money there, we wouldn't need these
sultans, emirs, ayatollahs, etc.

I suspect spending more on "alternative energy research" would not actually
PRODUCE results anywhere near proportion to the spending.Most of it would
go to overhead;bigger salaries,more employees,more equipment,and little
actual,practical,useful energy sources.

Now if the money was put into -building- nuclear power plants,then it might
be worthwhile,although the Islamics would STILL be attacking us,as we of
the West stand in the way of them spreading their religion,and are an
excuse for them not achieving their "greatness" under Islamic rule.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik