Duane Bozarth

Ford Prefect wrote:

Buck Turgidson wrote:

Imagine the 300 billion (probably end up close to 600 billion) used for
alternative energy research instead of spending it on the war,
Halliburton, etc. Had we spent the money there, we wouldn't need these
sultans, emirs, ayatollahs, etc.

The problem is that much of the alternative energy options are easy for
the individual to use, but difficult for the mega corps to control
distribution. There is no money in it for them if you or I can produce
our own power, heat & fuel.

Which one is that is so easy (and, btw, economically feasible) as a
replacement (as opposed to an adjunct or reduction in conventional)?