Prometheus

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 22:55:05 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:34:07 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

and it was an absolutely brilliant strategic attack --- NOT. Here they
picked a time to attack when the western leaders were meeting to pressure
one another and particularly the US into adopting some policies that could
help derail western civilization (e.g., reducing CO2 emissions by 60% in
the UK by 2010(?) or therebouts) and adopt policies to pay yet more
patronage to dictators and tyrants in Africa where that money could be
funnelled to the cause. Instead, this attack overshadowed the whole G8
party, led to more unity regarding anti-terrorism and basically ****ed off
the Brits possibly strengthening their resolve. The attacks in Spain may
have led to complete surrender and capitulation, but Britain doesn't seem
wired that way.

That's what I like about the British- most of them are people with
some steel in their spines. I was damn sorry to hear about the
attacks in London, but you guys just took it on the chin and went back
to work- really inspiring, and I mean that.