Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:34:07 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 18:51:22 -0500, "Morris Dovey" wrote:

I send my condolences and good wishes to not only the woodworkers, but
all of the good people in London and throughout the UK.

I doubt the terrorists realize the extent to which they are
strengthening the bonds between those they attack - and I earnestly
hope they learn that they make themselves brother to no man.

It's a stupid way to promote whatever they're promoting.. and not exactly
Islamic... FWIK of Islam, taking a non combatant's life, especially the life of
a women or child, is not cool...

and it was an absolutely brilliant strategic attack --- NOT. Here they
picked a time to attack when the western leaders were meeting to pressure
one another and particularly the US into adopting some policies that could
help derail western civilization (e.g., reducing CO2 emissions by 60% in
the UK by 2010(?) or therebouts) and adopt policies to pay yet more
patronage to dictators and tyrants in Africa where that money could be
funnelled to the cause. Instead, this attack overshadowed the whole G8
party, led to more unity regarding anti-terrorism and basically ****ed off
the Brits possibly strengthening their resolve. The attacks in Spain may
have led to complete surrender and capitulation, but Britain doesn't seem
wired that way.

My guess is that they become terrorists because it works and it's almost
impossible to stop.. you can't kill every suspect and since most of these wacked
out assholes are willing to die for their "cause", killing them doesn't do much
good..

While the mullahs and the schools are capable of brainwashing and making
the desperate into angry, resigned, and desperate, it still takes support
to turn those angry desperate brainwashed people into successful terrorists
-- money, training, logistics, equipment, etc. That kind of supply comes
from either tacit support from various governments or other wealthy
supporters -- cut that off and you just have a bunch of angry, desperate,
brainwashed and uneducated people stuck in their country of origin rather
than able to travel to other countries with the appropriate papers and
financial and logistics support. You are right, we can't go after the
animals one at a time as they enter the countries they are going to attack,
we have to find out how and who is funding and supporting them and cut that
off.

I wish I had an answer to it, but I don't know any more about how to stop it now
than I did 35 years ago in Nam... the sweet little old lady that does your
laundry might be leaving a satchel charge while she's doing it, or the kids that
you give candy to every day might be expert snipers at night, etc... hard to
fight an invisible enemy, but we have to do something.. YMMV

You have to cut off the supply and source to the terrorists -- yes, they
can decapitate one person at a time if all they have is knives, but they
are also more vulnerable and isolated. Your invisible enemy in Vietnam was
being supplied and you weren't allowed to seriously affect the source of
their support. We can't let that happen with the current situation; those
who are perpetrating these acts are after more than just control of a few
third world countries.

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing