Robatoy

In article et,
jo4hn wrote:
[snip]

Most of the "whackos" are guys with no job and no prospects. There are
tons of these and they are recruiting fodder for clerics who can promise
them better.

Substitute 'clerics' for 'recruiters'.... and you have a glimpse of
where the army of today is hoping to get their men for tomorrow.
That does not mean they cannot become good soldiers, of course.

I think the real whackos are created in those religious schools and seem
to be mostly the non-military types. The word 'brainwashing' comes to
mind. 73 virgins upon death...tell you what..*I* will offer 75 virgins
PLUS your own fully loaded Boeing 747 for your pimping pleasure if you
support *my* cause.