Andrew H. Wakefield

I have a 1/4" socket wrench that I bought from HD about three years ago.
About a year later, it broke. (Not abused, actually hardly used--the top
just popped off.) I've tried about half-a-dozen times to get it exchanged,
but every time I take it in they don't have the wrench in stock (only
packaged in a kit, not individually). The sales associates seem to be
clueless about doing anything about it. Maybe if I had time to hunt up a
manager, I'd get somewhere, but so far, the guarantee has been worthless for
me!

OTOH, the two or three times that I've taken something in to Sears, they
have seen me coming, anticipated why I was there, and were already reaching
for the replacement. Now *that* has been painless! I know Craftsman quality
takes some bad raps (maybe they know why I'm there because they have to do
it so often?? , but I do appreciate their service.

Andy

"Erik" wrote in message
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone here has any good or bad experience with HD's
'Husky' hand tool warranty.

Do you just show up with the broken tool and get a replacement on the
spot? Or do you have to jump through hoops like producing receipts,
mailing your broken's off, and/or whatever?

Thanks,

Erik