Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 07 Jul 2005 10:04:42p, Michael Anderson wrote in alt.home.repair:

I have a Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side with a water dispenser and ice
maker. Model # 1069552951.

A couple months ago it stopped making ice. Ice maker would make a sound
every 15 to 30 minutes similar to a spring being released. Water was
still dispensing OK. Ice maker will make ice once in a great while but
not very often and sometimes only a few cubes. Now there is no water.
I read thru the manual and saw where there is a holding tank for the
water. It seems like when the water was dispensing, I may have just
been emptying the holding tank.

I can access the cold water line from the basement and there is a
plastic tube that goes up thru the floor to the back of the frig. There
is no water in the tube. It does not seem like the frig is drawing
water up from the cold line. I am on city water, no well.

Any ideas?

Geez, if there's no water in the tube leading up from the basement, why
would possibly think the refrigerator is at fault? The icemaker does not
"draw up" water from the tube. The tube is supposed to be under normal
house water pressure from it's source connection and provide water under
pressure to the refrigerator.

You need to do more looking and less wool-gathering.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-1, 07/07/2005
Tested on: 7/7/2005 10:36:15 PM