"lbbss" wrote:

I have a 6hp lawn mower (2 year old) that is very difficult to start in
spring and fall, even in the summer it takes 6 tries to start (and 2
times priming it). If I switch spark plugs with my old lawn mower it
works great. I checked the gap is the same. The plug looks clean,
but I sand it down just to make sure no carbon left on it. Any ideas?
Thanks

Replace the mower. Most sparkplugs are now lifetime sparkplugs, and
if the sparkplug doesn't work, your mower has reached the limit of its
lifetime...

I might be frugal, but I'm not going to dick around with a $2.00
sparkplug that has no user serviceable parts inside. I'd sport for a
new one.