Duane Bozarth

Charlie Bress wrote:

I have one of those plastic "noodles" that are used for beach or pool
floats.

I want to glue the ends together to make a hoop. I don't know what kind of
plastic foam it is made of, but it is one of the closed cell slippery
plastic foams. I have not been successful finding an adhesive that works. I
expect that joining the ends will require a fusing or welding operation.

I have at my disposal a small soldering iron, a large soldering iron, a
simple glue gun and a heat gun.

What has been the experience in using the available tools to secure the
ends?
Or do you have a better idea?

The only glue I tried was a contact cement that seemed to stick, but under
the tension of the hoop trying to open just stretched apart.

Charlie

Any reason an Al pop rivet wouldn't suffice?