Joseph Meehan

Ed Hayes wrote:
We have a waterfall feature in our backyard.
A pump, pumps the water up a maybe 6 foot hill and it runs down a
small stream over a rock and then gets pumped up again.
Just a contineous loop of water.

My question is the pump we first purchased was a bit too weak and the
next model up is a bit to strong. The strong one makes lots of water
flow but sometimes I would like to just slow it down a bit.

Can the speed of the pump be regulated to slow it down, sort of like a
speed control on a ceiling fan?

Someone told me that the pump is made to run at certain speeds and
reducing the voltage in order to slow the flow rate down could damage
the pump motor.

I this is not true where can I find a device to regulate the speed
(power) of the pump motor?

Thanks

Simply add a T fitting after the pump with a valve on one side. Plumb
the output of that valve back to the lower pond. Opening the valve will
allow some of the water to return to the lower pond., reducing the amount
going up the hill.

I don't suggest trying to restrict any of the flow as it could damage
some pumps.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit