George E. Cawthon

mcred2 wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message

The only heat absorbing element in most consumer refrigerators is the
evaporator coil in the freezer. The evaporator fan circulates the air
from the refrigerator across the freezer coil, thus absorbing heat from
the refrigerator compartment.

Typical symptom is the freeze is just fine, but the fridge compartment is
much too warm.

I am having the same symptoms with my fridge. I have replaced the fan
in the freezer and it blows cold air very well into the freezer.
Problem is cold does not get to fridge compartment. Freezer is about
11 degrees and fridge is a little over 60 degrees.
This is a Kenmore refridgerator about 20 years old. It has an ice
maker that I have removed because we did not need it as much as we
needed freezer space. What could be blocking the air flow between the
two? Anyone know where I can find generic diagrams or repair maunals on
line?

If the freezer were 0 or -5 where it should be,
the fridge would probably be 40. Doesn't sound
like the problem is transfer of cold air from
freezer to fridge, but just plain not getting cold
enough-- not turned up enough or the compressor
just not operating correctly.