Rudy

No, If you would READ the post, it says the GC around here advocates using
particle board over the sub floor.
I said I nixed that and used PLYWOOD over the subfloor. I am a satisfied
homeowner BTW but a "know it all" like you couldn't comprehend that.

And do not under any circumstances take advice from Rudy. He advocates
using for a substrate the very crap (particle board) you're removing.
Rudy's nothing more than an unhappy homeowner whose builder screwed him on
his tile installation (which he ignorantly and vehemently defends). In
order to nurse his wounds he attempts to give tile advice here.

Go figure...