G Henslee

Vinnie Boombotts wrote:
I just ripped out everything from an outdated bathroom, tile walls, tile
floor and tile shower.
I discovered severe water damage to the plaster - lathe and sheetrock in the
shower area. I would like to repair the damage and install new tile.

Where does cement board go in a bathroom?

Walls in shower and tubs. As a floor substrate.

If shower, how high? Should I
install cement board on the floor before installing tile?

Yes. Keeping a properly built subfloor in mind, I recommend HardiBacker.
Their 1/4" product affords greater density than the 1/2" cementious board.

Would plywood and
metal lathe work just fine on the floor?

In and of itself, no. A plywood subfloor that incorporates a 1" mortar
bed, yes.