Vinnie Boombotts

Thank you for your response.

The sub-floor I removed was particle board. You can imagine how bad it was
after years of water damage. The floor tiles came up with no effort.
Under that is typical thick boards used in old houses.

I guess 1 " plywood would do the trick.

Thanx

On 7/3/05 1:48 AM, in article 0%Kxe.1859128$6l.901982@pd7tw2no, "Rudy"
wrote:

Where does cement board go in a bathroom? If shower, how high?

As high as the tile. Ours is tiled right to the top of the walls and ceiling
so its cement board, all round.
Our bath has sheetrock walls, textured and painted where there isn't any
water.

Should I install cement board on the floor before installing tile?
Would plywood and
metal lathe work just fine on the floor?

No. What is the floor right now ..Ply ? How thick ? Is it in good shape ?

If so, I might add a layer of 1/2" ply screwed and glued to the existing
floor and tile over that ..unless you expect a lot of water on the floor.
Is the "floor" of the shower a "pan" or tile or ??