Philip Lewis

"SammyBar" writes:
We have a small sleep room about 10 x 13''. We want to extend it by
additional 3-4'' on one wall.

Which wall?

add a small bathroom to the room without sacrificing the room space.

See, more info changes the approach some.

Knowing that it is a "subroom" and that you want to keep as much
bedroom space as possible means new possibilities are possible.

The shower can be in the corner of the room with the "step out of the
shower" space into the main bedroom itself. This is space that
doesn't have to be taken from the bedroom.

The sink can be in the bedroom itself. I've seen many vanities in
master bedrooms. This makes the sink area part of the bedroom space,
which means the bedroom space seems larger.

That leaves the toilet.

It all depends on what level of privacy/ventilation you require.
You might be able to get away with tucking it behind a half wall.
Certainly making the room appear larger.

Depending on code, you might have to classify the whole room as a
bathroom.... bathroom that you just happen to be able to sleep in.
(Heck, this might even lower your taxes, depending on how they
calculate it) This means all outlets will have to be GFCI protected.
(not too bad if you have 1 gfci and feed the rest from it)

Talk to your local building inspector to see if their are requirements
which would prevent you from doing this of course... S/he will have
knowledge of any problems with the plan.

--
be safe.
flip