Phil Scott

"Sasha" wrote in message
oups.com...
As part of remodeling my kitchen I had to redo plumbing on

the second
floor bathroom that is just above the kitchen. I was pretty

confident
in my plumbing skills and knowledge as I did a bug plumbing

project in
my house before. I plumbed full basement bath including

underslab
plumbing, installed sewage ejector pump, stand pipe, utility

sink. All
work was inspected multiple times and except few issues that

I had to
correct everything was fine. Now a new inspector in my

township came to
check my new kitchen and upstairs plumbing. He rejected my

work due to
several problems to his view:

1. He said my house must have 1 3" vent and two 2" vents. I

thought
that vent size is determined by number of fixture units it

vents. I
have two 2" vents and that is more then adequate for my

house with 2
1/2 bath. Can someone point me to the place in NPC where it

states that
house must have these number of vents.

2. He insisted toilet must have a wet vent instead of dry

went that I
put. Why does toilet must have wet vent and why dry vent is

no good?

3. He insisted that rubber Fernco couplings that I used to

connect new
PVC DWV with old copper plumbing are prohibited despite I

used them in
my basement and previous inspector approved them .I also

cannot
understand if Fernco couplings are prohibited why any HD

sells them?

Thats why about half the residential remodel woik gets
done sans permit...that is the home owner opts to just hope
the city's roving inspectors dont have x-ray eyes to look
through the walls and see that (gasp)...you are doing some
work.