Appliance Repair Aid

3rd eye wrote:

Really?

Yupper.

Jeff, I have a Maytag washing machine that I bought used about 25
years ago. It's a model A-206. It's pretty much a plain jane machine
but it is a workhorse. I little noisy perhaps but still works like a
champ. It looks like something from the 60's.

I've never had a problem with it in that 25 years except losing a clip
that held the front panel on. Not being able to find the right clip
locally, I used sheet metal screws to hold it together.

Are you saying the newer ones will never last as well as the old
models?
Dumb question I suppose.

Yupper
Most today will last 5-8 year.

The little woman has mentioned a time or two that she'd like a new
one. It's not too stylish looking.

I have a hard time with that. It's kind of a sentimental thing.
I kid you not, I paid FIFTEEN dollars for it.

Thoughts?

Keep this one running as long as possible, it is the style of washer
Maytag built thier name on.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/